What's a Blog?

My new and improved Bloggular Device. For the future.

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Bulfashion, hast thou forsaken me?

I've shamed the name of Bulfashion tonight.

Frisbee for the second night in a row. Alas...my skillz are steadily declining. Its so depressing to know you can do so much more while you are dropping every throw your way and botching every pass. I know I can do much greater things, but I just can't manage to bring myself to do them anymore.

I'm afraid this lack of skills is due to lack of true spirit. Last night, the first game was great. Spirit bar was pulsing, glowing, and it was through the roof. I was happy every goal, every pass, whether it was on my team or the other. Then some people left, and we made some new teams. From there, each game I play seems to dwindle my skills and spirit meter. I have no unity with my teamates, and I have no desire to spend my energy on a cut I know I could do. I don't have what it takes to catch a disk, and my overzealous search for good Ultimate gloves has hindered my abilty to throw greatly.

I think we are trying to hard. Our posse of Ultimate madness has turned into Unultimate madness. People running --- or rather, standing --- everywhere, tying to understand the sport. Its true, we have a lot of people now, and it has great potential...for a league. But Frisbee Friday isnt the same anymore. Not without the old guys. Not without the regulars. The twins...Thaddeus...people I've grown used to playing the sport with, people that were once the essence of my endless Spirit Meter.

And my socks are wet :(

I don't know what we're gonna do here folks. I'm trying to hard, we are trying to hard collectively, much was accomplished, and terrible things have been brought to pass.

I've shamed the name of Bulfashion tonight.

Bulfashion once gave me power. The greatest night of Frisbee in my memory, built upon the Bulfashion cornerstone. And now. Now...hast thou forsaken me? Where has the unity, the desire gone? I shall lay you to rest, Bulfashion. You shall not see the sport again, until Frisbee is once again Ultimate. Then, my friend, we shall do great things together. Very great things.

5 Comments:

At 10:18 PM , Blogger Nick said...

Yeah, the disrobing didnae work tonight, but my spirit meter was depleted. I felt like I was being compacted... in the landfill... of broken souls... :(

 
At 10:29 PM , Blogger CJThatcher said...

You are wise, oh kyle of the night. I had alot of fun tonight, I played much better than I did last night. It goes back to Levi's theory - conservation of female self esteem.

He said that there's only so much self esteem that can go around the world. As one girl's self esteem goes up, another's goes down.

Methinks we can liken this unto Ultimate. In most cases, as one person does really well, another person doesn't do quite as well. Therefore, conservation of Ultimate skillz.

But, there are cases where that rule gets thrown out the window. We've seen it, it's uber hotzorz.

I think one of the troubling factors about these past two days is that we haven't been on the same team. I miss the good old days wherein me and you could work together against the old men. Now it's me vs. you cause nobody will let us play together. Thumbs down.

But really, it's only been two nights. Yeah, they haven't been the greatest two nights ever, but we'll make it work somehow. I'm formulating ideas left and right, we'll see what happens.

Put up with the lameness for a bit, because even if there's some crap going on, the club will bring us two very important things:

1) Girls. Lots of them. That will eventually learn how to play. The level of attractiveness will go through the roof. Just think about Girl Y, then think if she could forehand. Oh snap.

2) Interscholastic competition. I'd give my left kidney to have a raging game against skyline or cottonwood. We'll play them, and it'll be insane raging.

I'm gonna find a way to make oldschool frisbee friday better. Remember, things aren't quite as they should be.

It's been cold, and brady's been out of town so we haven't had old folks. He comes back next week, and he'll bring back that classic feel. Maybe we'll have to make one night our classic night and the next night our everybody night.

The most important thing about this, though, is your decision to lay Bulfashion to rest.

I think you've made a wise choice. One day, I know that Bulfashion will ride again. One day, the world will know an Ultimate player that they've never seen the likes of. Skyline will pee their pants. You will be tall, you will be fast, and you will be spirit. You will ascend the spirit bar, you will be one with the spirit bar.

One day, things will be Bultimate. For now, we must grit our teeth through the pain, for there are greener pastures up ahead.

It'll work out, I believe in you. We've all got our bad nights.

1, 2, 3, Bultimate!

 
At 8:47 AM , Blogger Jaron Frost said...

I feel bad I missed the games... I was bowling with my family. I'll try to make it next time, for sure.

 
At 5:22 PM , Blogger Courtney said...

haha. i didn't go..cuz it was cold. and cuz i would have had no one to sit with, cuz kortney wasn't going. :D sorry it wasn't the greatest guys, i'm sure it will get better!

 
At 3:59 PM , Blogger Jason said...

Don't worry about it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home