What's a Blog?

My new and improved Bloggular Device. For the future.

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Mine Notebook

Wow, its been a very long while since I have posted. For this, I feel badly. So, with some begging and pleading from Nick and Molly (more like "you should post....." "okay"), here I am again. A few things: ahem ahem:

Fact the First: The Messiah is amazing. I love that music, whether it be singing it or listening to it. I am definitely going to go to the sing in thing at Abravanel Hall next year, no battle. I am already awaiting it eagerly. I already miss singing the Messia, and we just barely had our concert. Lets give Handel a round of applause, shall we? (h5)

Fact the Second: after some reflection, I am actually excited about this new English assignment. We have to keep a notebook with us for the rest of the year in which we can record our thoughts and feelings on certain observations we may make throughout the days. At first, I just saw it as a lame way to have our English teacher to make us write. Now I see it as motivation to get back into writing in my journal daily. I will be recording tidbits here and there every day in my notebook--things that I can look back at in the years to come to help me remember the Me of the Present--and use my notes for the outline of a quick journal entry every day. I have misplaced so many memories that it makes me sad to think about all the times, both good and bad, that I have forgotten. Let this be motivation for us all to record our daily happenings, that he present may not be lost to the past.

Fact the Third: life is great. With such a great family, so many wonderful friends, my education, talents, and so many opportunities, I can't see how my life could get much better. All I can say is Glory to God in the Highest. Amen, amen, amen, and so forth, etc.

8 Comments:

At 9:58 PM , Blogger M-smash said...

I really need to write in my journal too. I'm afraid I have fallen into the same trap of forgetting things i really wanted to write but 1) didnt feel like it or 2) not having time. Which is no excuse...

Therefore, since I don't know how to go about this notebook thingy very well, I'm going to journal again... :)

 
At 7:02 PM , Blogger Courtney said...

good to have ya back. i need to write in my journal too... back courtney, very bad courtney.

 
At 5:58 PM , Blogger Jaron Frost said...

I LOVE journal writing! Although, lately I've been substituting blogging for that, which is okay, but I'm really looking forward to buying a brand new journal and starting off the new year with a nice new one... and hopefully I'll be able to record little bits every day. That's definitely going to be a New Year's Resolution.

 
At 7:55 PM , Blogger M-smash said...

I think you should do a post of your list of 10 things you would write a list about.

:)

 
At 10:44 PM , Blogger Karlito said...

I think Molly has a point...that would be funny.

Journals are fantastic...I will have to post that Neal A. Maxwell quote.

 
At 4:12 PM , Blogger Meliss said...

Journals are awesome! I love writing in mine. When I remember. But I think that it is soo cool to look back and read what you put like 10 years ago. Its funny to read what you put, mispelled, repeated over and over again, who your first crush was. Its so funny to see what you thought.

 
At 8:31 PM , Blogger Rachel Frost said...

I love journal writing and blogging. Somehow I manage to do both. Actually I think since I discovered blogs I have written in my journal less...
Oh well. The notebook assignment rocks.

 
At 6:50 PM , Blogger Nick said...

"My name's Kyle. I don't even remember I have a blog. Blah blah blah." ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home