What's a Blog?

My new and improved Bloggular Device. For the future.

Thursday, October 12, 2006

English Response: Giles Corey: Puritan Rockstar

Giles Corey: Puritan Rockstar

I would like to think that I am a lot like Proctor, but I don’t think I have what it takes. Proctor does what is right no matter how hard it is for him to do so. Giles Corey, on the other hand, is sort of in it for himself and his family. He has his eyes set on tangible things, like land. He was always feuding with others over property and trivial things like firewood, and even in the end was thinking of his land.

Now, I think some explaining is in order. I don’t want to make it sound like I’m a buttcheeck, focusing on the temporal realms of this world. I think the thing that drew me so much to Corey is the way he handled these temporal things. Sure, he was selfish and unneighborly, but I think he always had his family in mind.

I spend probably 60 or 70 percent of my free time at home on the computer. I feel guilty because I am not doing anything great with my life, and I am not doing anything that helps others. At the same time though, these temporal things that I spend my time with bring me a level of joy. I talk to my friends all the time on the computer, and spend a lot of time in the Blogosphere. In this case, I am not doing these things for my family, as Corey was. I am benefiting myself, true enough, but I think the socialization and communication helps my friends. I try to help them with homework whenever possible, and I try to offer my thoughts and good ideas in my Blog posts. These things are very temporal, but in the end, they can still benefit my friends and me. Corey stayed focused till the end, and wanted to help others in the ways he knew how. That’s all I’m about, even if it is a waste of time.

2 Comments:

At 4:20 PM , Blogger Courtney said...

Kyle Klein: Mormon Rockstar

you're a great friend ;)

 
At 3:23 PM , Blogger Nick said...

Nick Morandi: Mafia Rockstar

(H)

*rat-a-tat-tat*

*death*

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home