What's a Blog?

My new and improved Bloggular Device. For the future.

Monday, March 13, 2006

Day VIII-Close to Home

Hmmmm.....my excuse is that sometimes its just as hard going downhill as it is going up. I'm almost done with this nice little English assignment, and I am running out of ideas, and even forgetting what was in the book! I admit it. I read it at the beginning of term, and all the books in the series are starting to run together into one long series of huge books. I shouldn't have started number 6 so soon afterwards!
Anyway, lets see if I can pull something together. Hmmmm. Alright, I think I've got something. Okay: in the book, Will continues his adventure away from home. He thinks that his adopted father, Joshua, has been killed by Mormons, and through his struggles to get revenge on the killers, he ends up as, more or less, and endentured servant onboard a small sailing vessel. I think that all of that happened in the fourth book of the series, but I can't quite recall. The continuation of his adventure is in this book at least. Anyway, so Will ends up sailing across the Atlantic to England, and eventually ends up in China. The crew does its stuff there, trading and the likes, and Will is allowed to roam around the town, sort of as a day off. So he wanders around a bit. The thing I am trying to get to here is that in his wanderings, Will discovers fireworks. I don't know why I just thought of this, but I guess its true; if you didn't know what fireworks were, you would probably crap your pants when you saw them for the first time. Some little chinese kid lit it, and it popped and snapped all over the ground, scaring Will, and of course interesting him in buying some for himself. I just think that it is sort of cool how one of the characters catches a glimpse of modern technology. If only he had known what more was to come. What machines, weapons, or other things that would work on the same principles. Its just interesting to think about I think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home