What's a Blog?

My new and improved Bloggular Device. For the future.

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Day 6-The Descent

The hardest thing about writing about this book is actually knowing what to write about. The ideas ought to just come to me, but here I am... not discussing anything. Okay, I'll go off the deep end here. I am eating a burrito, and it sure is good. I feel kinda bad that the Saints of the day didn't have the sweet goodness that is Mexican cuisine. We have all sorts of conveniences today. Its great. I mean, you are hungry sitting in your nice, warm toasty comfortable house with snow falling outside, and all you have to do to solve your problem is open 2 doors a plastic wrapper. Out of the freezer and into the microwave, straight to your stomache. Back then, what did you have to do? Light a fire in your nice little cast iron stove (which of course takes the wood and skills to light it, taking valuable time and adding to your hungry dismay), go outside, and shoot something to cook! That's a process that could take so long you would starve before you ever even got the chance to look at a steaming pile of meat on your plate. And lets not mention the guns that they had to shoot their food with. Single-shot muzzleloaders, with extremely heavy lead rounds, powder, and patches to carry draped across your shoulders that are still weary from the day's labor on the feilds or the Temple, etc. I don't know about all that. Such a different lifestyle than we have today. Sucks to be them?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home