What's a Blog?

My new and improved Bloggular Device. For the future.

Sunday, March 05, 2006

So it begins

So, to get things started, I am going to do exactly what you shouldn't do to start a written assignment. I am going to state simply, what I am writing about:
I read The Work and the Glory, Volume 5. It is about the early history of the LDS Church, written as a historical novel. The author portrays a family by the name of Steed among the early saints in Nauvoo, Illinois. The author describes many things that occured there, so the reader learns a lot about the topic, but the reader is kept awake by the stories of the Steed family. Through reading the first 5 books, I have seen just how much detail the author put into the family, and I have learned to love the church history because of the fictional family. They are right in the middle of everything that goes on, and they go through many emotions as they struggle through the tough times. Some members of the family leave the state, and even the country, for months and years at a time. The book shows everything those people went through, as though they were real people in history, and it also portrays what is going on back home with the rest of the family. The book takes you from the town on the Mississippi river, to China, to England, and back. In the following posts, I will go more into detail with how I liked this book, and explain some of the things contained therein.

1 Comments:

At 9:07 PM , Blogger Nick said...

Wowz0rz, good stuff.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home