What's a Blog?

My new and improved Bloggular Device. For the future.

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Day 7

Recreation is a big part of out lives. Think about it. When we aren't working, or doinging school work, we are either reading, watching TV, or doing some kind of activity that we enjoy doing. For example: I play Water Polo. (I suck at it, but that's besides the point.) I used to run Cross Country and Track. Sometimes I play basketball or raquetball. (Again, I suck at all those too. Why do I even try?) Anyway, there is a reason we do those things. You might say its because those things are fun. I say that its because without those things, we would all get fat and lazy, and because none of us want to go out of our minds with bordome. So it leads me to think: what did the people way back when do for fun? They had books, but they didn't have the things that give us an excuse to be lazy like TV and the internet. They had books, sure, but thats just about all they could do to inside and alone. So what did they do outside that kept them busy when they weren't working? They didn't have square rooms and raquets to play with. They didn't have nicely divided swimming pools for Polo or competitive swimming. They didn't have marked, standardized, springy tracks to run on. All I can see is that they had dirt and sticks to play with. I don't know about you, but playing with dirt and sticks doesn't sound like much fun to me. This is what brings me to my conclusion on this odd subject on this fine Day 7. I am lead to beleive that the people before modern technology actually had what we like to call today imagination. They knew how to have fun without guidlines or standardized "stuff". They must have just had the best of times, running around, just chilling, doing whatever sounded like fun. This brings me to my final conclusion: TV is the uber suxx0rz, as is the internet. Lets all get off our butts and use our brains. That is what fun really should be. That is all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home