What's a Blog?

My new and improved Bloggular Device. For the future.

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Virtue

She strives to live the words of God,
the truths that have been taught her
Ever holding to the rod;
She is the Father's daughter.

Her sacred beauty she holds dear,
as a gardener loves her rose
The virtue that she keeps within
flourishes and grows.

Every day I yearn to see
her beauty and her grace,
The smiling eyes and upturned lips
that sit upon her face,

To hear her voice, rich and sweet,
as soft and warm as air,
And hold her gently in my arms,
pure love forever shared.

The day she kneels across the altar,
our souls entwined forever
Will only come if I prepare
and worthily endeavor.

Above all rubies and wealth of worlds
is the virtue priced
Of the woman in my dreams
who strives to follow Christ.

4 Comments:

At 8:55 PM , Blogger Nathan said...

I like this a lot. We don't see a lot of inherently spiritual poetry in our little corner of the Blogosphere, but this motivates me to try my hand at some. Very good writing, my friend.

 
At 9:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so great!
Give me a guy that loves the gospel, and I could be happy forever
:)

 
At 9:29 PM , Blogger Rachel Frost said...

That's fabulous. You wrote that? Wow, Kyle. I didn't even know you did poetry. It's totally dizzy-making.

 
At 12:24 AM , Blogger Combat Kyle said...

Haha, I really don't do poetry. This was the only good piece I've ever written. Thanks though :P

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home